Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Wednesday – January 4th, 2023. Let’s learn something together:
- The “Star Trek” hand gesture for “live long and prosper” is derived from part of a Hebrew blessing that Leonard Nimoy first saw at an Orthodox Jewish synagogue in Boston as a young boy.
- The hundreds of Jonestown cult members who killed themselves in 1978 didn’t actually drink poisoned Kool-Aid. They drank poisoned Flavor Aid, which is a cheap knock-off of Kool-Aid.
- Seattle was originally called New York. When people settled there in 1851, that’s what they named it. But they quickly changed the name to Seattle after a Native American chief who helped them out.
- Before MC Hammer became famous, he started a Christian rap group called the Holy Ghost Boys. But he left them to go solo.
- Only four presidential candidates have had a name that wasn’t in the top 1,000 baby names the year they ran: Adlai Stevenson in 1952 and ’56 . . . Barack Obama in 2008 and 2012 . . . Willard “Mitt” Romney in 2012 . . . and Hillary Clinton in 2016.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!