Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Monday – January 31st, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- In 1969, a musician named Jim Sullivan recorded an album called “U.F.O.”, which featured strange lyrics about leaving his family and being abducted by aliens. He disappeared six years later without a trace. The only evidence was his abandoned car, which was found on a desert road.
- Cheez-It crackers are technically not squares, they’re rectangles: They’re about one inch by 0.95 inches.
- Penn and Teller aren’t friends. They say they have a business relationship, and NOT being friends is why they’ve lasted so long.
- Night insects, like moths, are probably attracted to lights because they mistake them for the light of the moon, which they used to navigate the Earth before artificial lights.
- The dog that played Toto in “The Wizard of Oz” was paid $125 per week . . . which is more than any of the human actors who played Munchkins. That’s almost $2,500 in today’s money.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!