Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Tuesday – January 3rd, 2023. Let’s learn something together:
- 2023 is a rare “common year” because it started on a Sunday and will end on a Sunday. The last time this happened was in 2017 and it won’t happen again until 2034. And, if you’re superstitious, there will be two “Friday the 13ths” this year, one this month and one in October.
- 40 years ago today, “Time” magazine put a personal computer on its front cover as a “Machine of the Year” instead of its usual “Man of the Year.”
- 65 years ago this week, the Gibson Guitar Company first debuted its iconic “Flying V” electric guitar.
- 2023 marks 100 years since the construction of the Hollywood Sign . . . 125 years since the city of New York was officially formed . . . 100 years since a Checker Taxi first hit the streets . . . 100 years since Disney was founded . . . 100 years since AT&T released the first radio advertisement . . . 75 years since NASCAR was founded in Daytona Beach, Florida . . . 70 years since Chevrolet displayed the first Corvette sports car in New York City . . . 60 years since The Beatles released their first single “Please Please Me“ in America . . . and 50 years since the launch of Skylab, the first U.S. space station.
- Chinese New Year is January 22nd and it’ll be the Year of the Rabbit. And speaking of China, India is expected to surpass China as the world’s most populous country this year. As of last year, China had an estimated 1.41 billion people . . . India had 1.38 billion . . . and the U.S. is a distant third at 334 million.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!