Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Friday – January 20th, 2023. Let’s learn something together:
- The word “hot” became a synonym for “popular” or “in demand” around 1909. In the 1920s, its meaning was extended to include sexual desirability.
- The Carpenters’ hit “We’ve Only Just Begun” started out as a jingle for a bank commercial. The writer, Paul Williams, decided to expand it to a complete song and the Carpenters liked it and recorded it.
- Albert Einstein was so sure he was going to win a Nobel Prize that he included the prize money in a divorce settlement three years before he won it.
- Sharks are older than trees. Sharks have been around for 400 million years and trees, only 350 million.
- In the 1800s, there was a superstition in the New England area that tuberculosis was caused by vampires.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!