Here are Big Dave’s 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ on this Wednesday – January 18th, 2023. Let’s learn something together:
- A cheesemonger is to cheese like a sommelier is to wine, not a producer, but a knowledgeable interpreter, adviser, and seller.
- The U.S. has been in debt for its entire history, except for one year, from 1835 to 1836, when Andrew Jackson was president and managed to pay it all off temporarily.
- A guy named Isaac Tigrett co-founded the House of Blues and the Hard Rock Café, and married Ringo Starr’s ex-wife. He wasn’t a musician, just a business guy from a wealthy family.
- Converse started in 1908 as a company that made rain boots. By 1920, they’d transitioned into the shoe business and created the “All Star” basketball shoe.
- Both “Stand by Me” and “The Shawshank Redemption” are based on short stories by Stephen King from a collection called “Different Seasons”. The movie “Apt Pupil” is based on a story from that collection too, but obviously it’s not as famous or good as those other two.
Be sure to share these 5 Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!