Here are Big Dave’s 5 Random Facts for your Wednesday – January 12th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- A glass ball will bounce higher than a rubber ball of the same size, if it doesn’t break. That’s because the rubber ball loses energy when it compresses before returning to its original shape. Glass is rigid, so it retains the energy of the impact.
- Female kangaroos have three vaginas.
- There were six World War Two casualties in the continental U.S. Japan sent about 9,000 balloon bombs toward the U.S. . . . and one made it to Oregon, exploded, and killed six people.
- After medical students work on cadavers, it makes them hungry. Not because of weird cannibalistic urges . . . but because the smell of formaldehyde increases your appetite.
- Tiny flies pollinate cocoa trees . . . so without flies, there wouldn’t be chocolate.
Be sure to use one of these little tidbits in your life this week!