Big Dave’s 5 BONUS Nuggets Of Knowledge For Your Noggin’ – National Coffee Day Edition – (9/29/22)
Before we get to the nuggets of knowledge, here’s some positive coffee news, since today (9/29/22) is National Coffee Day: Another study just found drinking it might help you live longer! Researchers tracked 450,000 people who were over 40, and polled them on how much coffee they drank. Then they checked back in a decade later. They found that any amount of coffee was linked to a longer life. But the sweet spot might be two to three cups a day. People who drank that much ground coffee were 27% less likely to die during the study. Even for decaf, it was 14%. So, drink up!
Now, here are Big Dave’s 5 BONUS Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ (all about coffee) on this Thursday – September 29th, 2022. Let’s learn something together:
- The average coffee drinker in the U.S. has just over three cups a day.
- Coffee consumption in the U.S. is at a two-decade high. Two-thirds of us have had a cup in the past day. And 84% of coffee drinkers regularly make it at home.
- The popularity of specialty coffee is at a five-year high. 43% of coffee drinkers say they prefer something a little more sophisticated than regular coffee.
- Our favorite espresso drink is a tie between lattes and cappuccinos. Straight espresso is next, then mochas, Americanos, macchiatos, and flat whites.
- People under 60 are almost twice as likely to drink coffee at lunch than people who are over 60.
Be sure to share these 5 BONUS Nuggets of Knowledge for your Noggin’ with your family, friends & coworkers at some point today!
(EurekAlert / PR Newswire / NCA / NCA)
But, wait! There’s more…
A few big chains have FREE coffee deals today, in honor of National Coffee Day. Normally we’d start with Starbucks, but a rep for the company says they DON’T have a deal this year?!?!
There are lots of other options though:
1. Dunkin’ is giving Perks members a free medium coffee with any purchase.
2. Krispy Kreme is giving away coffee AND donuts. Anyone can show up and get a free coffee or iced coffee. Rewards members can get a free donut too.
3. Peet’s Coffee is giving out a free small coffee if you buy something.
4. Burger King rewards members can get a free iced coffee by ordering online.
5. Wendy’s has a free small coffee deal with any mobile order.
6. Pilot Flying J rest stops are giving rewards members free coffee in any size at 650 locations.
7. Panera Bread has a deal on their unlimited free coffee subscription. It’s $11 a month, but if you sign up today, you get the first two months free.
(CNET.com, FoodNetwork.com, and ChewBoom.com have even more deals.)